Monday 7 August 2017

Traitor Librarian

For today and for a change, I bring something a bit special.

It is the Limited Edition Forge World model from the Open Day 2016, a Space Marine Traitor Librarian with Cataphractii Terminator Armour.

I really like this model since I saw it, so I decided to grab one as soon as I could, and paint it in the livery of the Sons of Horus. I have to mention though that it is a clone, as I could not find an original one that did not go for stupid money.

I know that painting him as a Sons of Horus is a bit controversial, because, according to the Council of Nikaea, no Librarians would be allowed within the Legion. It is very unlikely that I will ever field him in battle as a Librarian. I might use him as a cool looking Praetor, though.
Or whenever I decide to play a full-traitor list embracing Chaos, then perhaps we get some nice rules for raising Daemons.

In any case, I painted him using the usual techniques, the only thing I changed a bit was the Daemon. I did not want to paint him using regular reds and oranges for the fire, but rather make it a bit more esoteric and use a mixture of blues, greens and yellows. I did not quite manage to get the effect I was looking for, but it ended up being close enough, so I am satisfied with it.

I am not sure how many points would a Librarian cost, but a Praetor in Cataphractii Armour is 177.

Painted in 2017.





Close up of the Daemon as in the other pics it is quite blurry


No comments:

Post a Comment